Ahnapee & Western Excursion: Engine #988 during the layover at
This loco was built by Alco in January 1947 for the Chicago, Milwaukee,
St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (Milwaukee Road). After almost thirty
years of service on the CMSt.P&P, it escaped the scrappers torch when it was
purchased by the Kettle Moraine Scenic Railway in 1976. It was soon sold
to Trans-Northern Inc. which operated the passenger excursion on the Ahnapee
& Western. The #988 was privately owned and leased to Mid-Continent Railway
Historical Society from 1986 to 1995, then sold to MCRHS and is now stored at their museum.
Enlarged details: [ Short Hood ] [ Cab Area ] [ Rear Truck ]
Back to the Ahnapee & Western excursion photos.