Train Travelogue DVD - is producing a DVD from the 8 mm films of
Joseph Seidl and Lynn Longley. There is some GB&W content in Seidl's
(1909) - Noted Wisconsin postcard photographer J. M. Colby
captured this scene of the Green Bay & Western in Taylor in 1909.
Iron (HO) - It's 1944 and the country needs steel - a
lot of steel - to fight the world war. This KGB&W gondola is spotted
at the salvage yard, ready to take a load of scrap iron to the mill to be
converted into new steel.
Mogul (HO) - Bachmann is producing their Alco 2-6-0
Mogul in a GB&W #256 paint scheme. The model comes DCC-Ready with an
8-pin NMRA plug.
See more of what's
The Green Bay and Western Railroad was a paper carrying line and bridge route
operating between the Mississippi River at Winona, Minnesota and Lake Michigan
at Kewaunee, Wisconsin, via Green Bay. It was chartered in 1866 as the
Green Bay and Lake Pepin to provide an outlet for the region's timber and
Working on the Railroad
Car Ferry Roster
- Information on the Green Bay Route, including a brief history of the
railroad, rosters, timetables, and a short story about growing up near the
railroad in the 1940's.
Then and Now...
- Power on the Green Bay Route: How a Wisconsin short line transformed
itself into a high-speed bridge line.
- Rolling Stock:
Rosters Photo Rosters
Museum Pieces CO&E Boxcars
- Freight cars, passenger cars, MOW equipment and cabooses.
- Photos & Stuff:
- A collection of Green Bay Route photos and printed material, including an
1885 passenger schedule, photos from a 1969 train wreck and some newspaper
A&W Bridge Token
Caps & Hats
Employee and Seniority
- We've got enough Green Bay Route paperwork that it deserves it own
category! Matchbook covers, train orders, railroad passes, and other
paperwork associated with the Green Bay Route.
Locomotive Models Freight
Car Models Modeling Tips Photos
Bay & Waupaca
- Information for modelers of the Green Bay Route.
Photos on the WWW
Commercial Photo Sources
- Sources for additional Green Bay Route information in print and on the
Counter says that you are visitor number