GB&W's Whitehall depot.
Built in 1914, the GB&W sold the depot in 1963 and over the
ensuing years it served a number of purposes, including a real estate
office and dental office. It is
currently offered for sale.
In the days of steam power on the railroad, a large 170-ton coal
chute was located on a spur just beyond the depot. The coal chute
was built not long after the La Crosse
branch was abandoned in 1922.
Thank is due once again to Bob Gile out on the "west
end" of the old Green Bay Route for supplying this photo.