The bodies are shown with the details attached and ready for painting. The roofwalks will be painted separately and installed later. For the MILW car, I used a
Kadee 40-foot roofwalk. I drilled out the mounting holes (except for the pins under the laterals which I trimmed off), and test fit it to the body before painting. For the GBW car, I used a spare
Intermountain Railway 40-foot boxcar roofwalk so that it would match the other GBW cars that I had done earlier.
(The Kadee roofwalks were not available when I kitbashed the others, and I didn't want to go back and retrofit them.)
[ Table of Contents ] [ Page 1 ] [ Page 2 ] [ Page 3 ] [ Page 4 ] [ Page 5 ] [ Page 6 ]