|Engineer Alfred W. Daniels is operating the 600-horsepower switch
engine at Green Bay's Mason Street Yard in the fall of 1938.
GBW #101 was the railroad's first diesel-powered locomotive. In
the background are buildings and coal piles of the C. Reiss
The locomotive was delivered in this basic black-and-white paint
scheme, but in the 1940s it was repainted in the GBW's familiar red-and-gray