A westbound plow train approaching Sand Road on the west edge of
The plow is KGB X190, a Jordan Spreader which was acquired in the mid-1930's from the bankrupt Wisconsin &
Michigan Railroad. The large blade in front of this plow may
not have been original equipment; no one has uncovered a photo of the
plow on the W&M with the large blade.
The train is being powered by
GBW #301, one of the railroad's
Alco RS-2 units. The white flags on the front of the locomotive
identify this as an extra train, not in the timetable. Behind the
engine is business car GBW #603, a modified wood-sheathed caboose.
This photo was taken by Jean Anderson of Merrillan in March 1969.