This Army Corps Of Engineers chart and report shows the city as it
was at the time that the Kewaunee Green Bay & Western built its rail
connection into the city.
This chart and report shows the harbor improvements planned for
1888. The channel was to be extended to 28' of water
depth. The KGB&W reached Kewaunee in three years
later. The car ferry yard was built on the peninsula of land
extending along the Lake Michigan shoreline, and a branch into the city
served the elevator on the south bank of the Kewaunee River.