The headquarters of the Green Bay & Lake Pepin Railroad still
stands in Green Bay today.
The Green Bay & Lake Pepin Railroad's offices were on the second floor of
the "Shaylor Block Building" at the corner of Adams and Pine Street on
the east side of Green Bay. Egbert Jerome Shaylor became the treasurer of the
GB&LP in 1871 before resigning in 1873 to pursue other business interest in
Green Bay — including the development of this office building. It was
constructed in 1873 and still stands today.
The railroad relocated their headquarters from this building to the newly
constructed GB&W depot on Mason Street in 1897, soon after the company was
reorganized as the Green Bay & Western.
The first photo is a modern view of the building; the second photo from the Oshkosh
Public Museum shows how it looked around the GB&LP's time.
It has been altered over the years, including moving the entrance from Adams
Street to 300-304 Pine Street.